Last Updated: May 14, 2018
LANGUAGE JOBS LIMITED
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
This web site is ownedand operated by Language Jobs Limited ("Language Jobs"). LanguageJobs is part of the CareerBuilder Group. Language Jobs collects personal andnon-personal information on this web site. Language Jobs is committed toprotecting the privacy of its users. We have created this Privacy Statement inorder to describe and explain to users our information collection practice.
If you have any questionsor concerns in connection with Language Jobs's information collection practice describedin this Privacy Statement, please send an email to the Customer Service Center. In the email, please state your questions orconcerns. Our postal address is:
Language Jobs Limited
The South Quay Building,
189 Marsh Wall
London, E14 9SH
The Types of Personal DataThat We Collect
Language Jobs collects personaland other data from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) whovisit this web site ("EEA Website Visitors") or who are individualrepresentatives of our current, former or prospective corporate customers,suppliers and business partners ("EEA Business Contacts").
Language Jobs may collect the following types ofdata:
· Email addresses
· Home and work addresses
· Phone numbers
· Employment history, including job titles and company names
· Education information
· Financial information
· Username and password for the accounts established on this web site
· Job search behavior and preferences, including a record of the searchesthat visitors make on this web site
· If a visitor signs in to this web site with a social media account, thatvisitor’s social media ID, social network site profile image URL and otherinformation included in that visitor’s social media profile
· Information about the devices a visitor used to access this web site (suchas the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and otheroperating system support information)
· Pages and URLs that refer visitors to this web site, and pages and URLsthat visitors exit to once they leave this web site
· Dates and times of visits to this web site
· Information on actions taken on this web site (such as page views, sitenavigation patterns and job view or application activity)
· A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which avisitor accesses this web site
· Search terms that visitors use to reach this web site
Language Jobs does not seekto collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions,religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or genetic data,biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, dataconcerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexualorientation.
Purposes for theProcessing of Personal Data; Legal Basis
Language Jobs processesthe personal data of EU data subjects for the purposes of:
· Registering, managing and maintaining user accounts on our website.
· Maintaining the CVs posted to this web site and making them available.
· Processing, validating and delivering purchases (including by processingpayment card transactions and contacting customers about their orders,including by telephone).
· Maintaining a record of the jobs a visitor views or applies to on thisweb site.
· Informing visitors to this web site of relevant job postings that may beof interest to them.
· Providing administrative notices or communications applicable to use of thisweb site.
· Providing customer support as well as handling technical issues.
· Contacting data subjects and delivering information to them that, in somecases, is targeted to their interests (such as relevant services, educationalor other career development opportunities)
· Enabling data subjects to communicate with us through our blogs, socialnetworks and other interactive media,
· Soliciting data subjects’ feedback and input.
· Managing participation in our events and other promotions.
· Analyzing and enhancing our marketing communications and strategies.
· Analyzing trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of this web site,mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied toon this web site.
· Analyzing trends and statistics about the job market and career mobilityin local economies and nationally.
· Optimizing our site search engine results.
· Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions,claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including byidentifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
· Complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legalproceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We may also combine certainnon-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized orde-identified data about our users and use and share such data in our products andservices. “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information or employmentinformation (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individualsthat is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze thecharacteristics of various populations and does not identify any specificindividuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data totrack trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services.
For EEA Website Visitors,Language Jobs’s legal basis for processing your personal data is: (i) performanceof the contract in relation to any registration, CV and job application informationyou provide and (ii) consent for use of certain cookies when browsing thesite, where unregistered users sign up for job recommendation emails and whereregistered and unregistered users sign up to receive marketing emails. For EEABusiness Contacts that are current customers, suppliers and business partnersof Language Jobs, our legal basis for processing your personal data isperformance of the contract between us.
Wemay also process personal information when it is in our legitimate interests todo so and when our interests are not overridden by the impact on the data subject. Our legitimate interests include marketing, selling and providing our products and services;product development and enhancement; understanding our users’ behavior,activities, preferences and needs; protecting against and preventing fraud; andcomplying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings,document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
Recipientsof Personal Data
In the normal course ofperforming services for our clients, personal information may be shared within LanguageJobs and its affiliates for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement,as well as research and statistical purposes, system administration and crimeprevention or detection.
We also may sharepersonal information with our service providers who help us in the delivery ofour own products and services. Our service providers provide the followingcategories of services: Code Hosting, Code Deployment, Logger, Search Engine, DockerRegistry, Bullhorn Integration, Code Deployment, Career Site, Email Processing,On-call Alerting, Internal Login Authentication, Reporting and Monitoring, ProxyServices, Content Management/CMS, Automated Testing/Monitoring, Networkdiagnostic and lookup tools, Resume Parser, Application Monitoring, Work forceanalytics, Machine Translations, Server Hosting, Aggregation of Monitoring, VPNand traffic encryption, Application Performance Management, Web Hosting, CustomerRelationship Management, Developers, Cloud Hosting, Cloud Storage, ManagedServer/Hosting, Email Delivery, Email Marketing, Parsing Technology, eCommerceProcessing, Data Matching Technology and Site Analytics. These serviceproviders are required by contract and by law to only use or disclose theinformation as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwiserequired by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider is using ordisclosing personal information in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement,Language Jobs will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper useand/or disclosure.
In addition, where LanguageJobs serves as a service provider (data processor) to its clients (datacontrollers), Language Jobs may be in possession of client data that containsinformation defined as personal data. In performing these services, LanguageJobs does not process, store, or handle personal data in any other manner otherthan that directed by the data controller. Accordingly, Language Jobs does notshare, uniquely identify, or in any way use personal data for any commercialpurpose other than that authorized by the controller. In some cases inaccordance with our client agreements, we may disclose personal data with a subcontractorcontracted to provide services on our behalf, in order to provide service toour clients.
Language Jobs preservesthe right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Informationabout you or your use of this Site if we have a good faith belief that suchaction is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safetyof Language Jobs, its employees, other users of this web site, or the public;(b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this web site; (c) asrequired by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or(d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. Wemay also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy anyapplicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In addition, PersonalInformation we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event ofa transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporatereorganization of Language Jobs.
Transfer of PersonalData to a Third Country
Personal data collectedby Language Jobs is stored in Europe or in the United States, and processingprimarily takes place in Europe and the United States but may also take placein other countries where Language Jobs or its affiliates, subsidiaries, orthird party service providers maintain facilities. Language Jobs ensures thatsuch affiliates, subsidiaries or third party service providers are covered by asuitable framework or contract recognized by the relevant authorities or courtsas providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
You are entitled torequest access to, rectification of, deletion of and portability of yourpersonal information collected by us. You are also entitled to restrict orobject to the processing of your data by us and to object to any decision basedsolely on automated processing of your data by us. To exercise these rights,as provided under applicable law, please submit a request to the Customer Service Center.
Please help us to keepyour data accurate by informing us of any personal information change promptly.
There may be cases whererestrictions on the amount of information that can be disclosed to datasubjects under applicable law (for example, if that would necessarily involvedisclosing information about another person). Language Jobs is permitted towithhold some types of personal data in certain circumstances, subject toapplicable local law requirements. If there is a dispute, please contact the Customer Service Center. In addition, data subjects have the right to lodgea complaint with a supervisory authority.
Right to WithdrawConsent
Data subjects whoseprocessing is based upon consent may withdraw that consent at any time;however, Language Jobs will not be able to provide or continue to provide servicesor marketing communications to the data subject.
Changes to ThisStatement
We may update this PrivacyStatement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make anychanges to this Privacy Statement, we will notify data subjects by means of anotice on this web site as well as the applicable date. We encourage EEA WebsiteVisitors, EEA Business Contacts, and others to periodically review this pagefor the latest information on our privacy practices.
Sta assumendo ora